The all-new two-door convertible will probably be supplied in Australia from $89,900 plus on-road prices.
- 2021 BMW 4 Series value and specs introduced
- Local examples to reach in first quarter of 2021
- Three engines supplied domestically, with range-topping M440i xDrive producing 285kW/500Nm
- All Australian fashions to characteristic the M Sport bundle as customary
The 2021 BMW 4 Series Convertible will arrive domestically within the first quarter of subsequent 12 months, with the entry-level 420i variant priced from $89,900 plus on-road prices.
Alongside the 420i, Australian patrons may also have the selection of the $107,900 plus on-road prices 430i, and the range-topping M440i xDrive priced from $135,900 plus on-road prices.
The new fashions arrive roughly 4 months after the 4 Series Coupe touched down in native BMW showrooms.
MORE: 2021 BMW 4 Series Convertible unveiled, Australian particulars confirmed
At 4768mm, the all-new mannequin is 128mm longer than the outgoing 4 Series, and the wheelbase has been stretched by 41mm.
It can also be 27mm wider than its predecessor, at 1852mm.
At the entrance, the convertible shares its controversial, tall kidney grilles with the coupe, nonetheless BMW’s Head of Design, Domagoj Dukec, revealed earlier this 12 months the polarising design will not be adopted by different fashions.
MORE: 2021 BMW 4 Series Coupé value and specs: new mannequin due in October
A brand new panel-bow soft-top roof – which is roughly 40 per cent lighter than the present retractable hardtop – will be opened and closed at speeds of as much as 50km/h in simply 18 seconds.
The new roof additionally takes up much less bodily house than the hardtop variant, with the brand new automobile gaining 85 litres of boot house, for a complete of 385 litres.
A detachable wind deflector is fitted as customary.
The 420i and 430i fashions each characteristic 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engines, delivering 135kW/300Nm and 190kW/400Nm respectively.
Meanwhile, the M440i xDrive picks up a 3.0-litre turbocharged six-cylinder unit producing a formidable 285kW/500Nm.
All three powertrains are paired with an eight-speed torque-converter automated transmission, paired with wheel-mounted paddle shifters. The 420i and 430i are rear-wheel-drive, whereas the flagship M440i xDrive sends drive to all 4 wheels.
MORE: 2021 BMW 4 Series assessment: Australian first drive
The M Sport bundle, sports activities seats, automated seat belt feeders, Vernasca leather-based trim, centre console knee pads, entrance seat heating, 19-inch alloys and a sports activities steering wheel are all customary on Australian fashions.
Other customary options embrace 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, a ten.25-inch infotainment touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a big head-up show, wi-fi cellphone charging, DAB+ digital radio, LED headlights and tri-zone local weather management.
A spate of driver help tech – together with autonomous emergency braking, lane change warning, lane departure warning, traffic-sign recognition and Reversing Assistant – are additionally standard-fit.
The 430i provides adaptive suspension, keyless entry, M Sport brakes, a 360-degree digicam and the Driving Assistant Professional security system, which provides adaptive cruise management with stop-and-go and lane-keep help.
M440i xDrive fashions add distinctive 19-inch alloy wheels, Cerium Grey mirror caps, kidney grilles and exhaust shops, laser headlights, an M Sport rear differential, ambient LED cabin lighting, steering wheel heating, built-in neck heaters, and a Harman/Kardon encompass sound system.
Extended BMW Individual Merino leather-based trim and BMW Individual full leather-based trim will probably be made obtainable at a later date, as an alternative choice to the usual ‘Vernasca’ leather-based trim.
Three possibility packages are on provide.
The $4300 Visibility Package provides ambient lighting and laser headlights, the Comfort Package ($2600 for 420i, $1700 for 430i, as some included options are already customary on the latter) provides a heated steering wheel, adjustable lumbar help and Comfort Access, whereas the Driver’s Assistant Package ($3770, just for 420i) provides tyre stress monitoring, Driving Assistant Professional security options, and automated parking.
Eight paint finishes can be found, with Alpine White representing the one no-cost possibility.
The metallic line-up – comprising Black Sapphire, Mineral White, Portimao Blue, San Remo Green and Arctic Race Blue – is priced at $2000.
Meanwhile, the premium Dravit Grey metallic and Tanzanite Blue metallic choices are priced at $3850 every.
2021 BMW 4 Series Convertible Australian pricing
- 420i – $89,900
- 430i – $107,900
- M440i xDrive – $135,900
Note: All costs exclude on-road prices.
MORE: 4 Series information and critiques
MORE: Everything BMW
BMW 420i Convertible gear highlights:
- 135kW/300Nm 2.0-litre turbo four-cylinder engine
- M Sport Package
- 19-inch M Light Alloy Wheels
- Eight-speed Steptronic Sports transmission with gearshift paddles
- M Sport suspension
- Electrically-adjustable sports activities seats for driver and entrance passenger
- Seat reminiscence perform for driver
- Vernasca leather-based upholstery
- Seat heating for driver and entrance passenger
- Tri-zone automated air con
- Through-loading system
- Storage compartment bundle
- Wind deflector
- LED headlights with automated excessive beams
- LED fog lights
- Head-up show
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Reversing Assistant
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- 10.25-inch infotainment show with linked companies, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Hi-Fi sound system
- Wireless smartphone charging
- DAB+ digital radio
430i Convertible provides (over 420i)
- 190kW/400Nm 2.0-litre turbo four-cylinder engine
- Adaptive M suspension
- Keyless entry
- M Sport brakes
- Adaptive cruise management
- Lane-keep help
- Automatic parking
- 360-degree digicam
M440i xDrive provides (over 430i)
- 285kW/500Nm 3.0-litre turbocharged inline-six engine
- xDrive all-wheel-drive
- 19-inch ‘792 M Bicolour’ alloy wheels
- Performance tyres
- Mirror caps in Cerium Grey
- Kidney grilles in Cerium Grey
- Exhaust shops in Cerium Grey
- M Sport rear differential
- ‘Galvanic touches’ for controls
- Ambient cabin lighting
- ‘Air Collar’ neck heaters
- Adjustable lumbar help
- ‘BMW Laserlight’ laser headlights
- Harman/Kardon encompass sound system
2021 BMW 4 Series Convertible value and specs